









Ok I know it has been a while since I updated the blog. We have been extremely busy with school getting out. The last two days of school Kiersten's class had their last hurah and they took a trip to Sault Ste. Marie, CANADA. Yes I said Canada. Can you believe you can leave the country on a field trip? Jake and I both went with her and our friends watched the other girls. We were gone for two days and we had a lot of fun.
At the hotel they had an awards night and it lasted until 12:00 A.M. Mrs. Secory, one of Kiersten's teachers, gave her an award for being her hero. She explained that every morning she would read a Chicken Soup for the Soul and Kiersten just latched on to that and started to bring in a few of her own to share. She watched as Kiersten struggled with having a sick sister and watching her have to let her go. She said "What incredible faith Kiersten has to be able to have the struggles that she has experienced this year." She gave Kiersten the My Hero Award for being such an inspiration to her.
The next day Mrs. Secory pulled me aside and started to cry and told me that in all of her years teaching (35) she had never had a student touch her the way that Kiersten had and that she will always hold a special place in her heart. What a special teacher to have had!
The locks were interesting. The kids, I think, were more interested with what kind of candy they could buy on the boat. They also loved their crazy hats as you can see.
On the way home we were in a tornado watch. I was praying that we would make it home. About 15 minutes away from school one of the kids threw up all the candy he bought on the boat. YUCK!!!!! It stunk. I felt so bad for the kid. I was glad we were about to end our little adventure.
Middle School Basketball
8 years ago



2 comments:
OH YUCK! That made me gag thinking about it. That sounds like a fun trip to do with Kiersten. I love that her teacher acknowledge the strong person Kiersten is. She'll always be my free loving hippy girl! Glad you had so much fun. Miss you all!
So glad you had a great time together. Kiersten really is a HERO and so are each of the other girls. Love you all so much! Dixie
Post a Comment