Friday, July 25, 2008

Batten Conference 2008

What an exciting weekend. Some of the girls and I drove out to Denver, CO for the Batten Conference. It was a hard year just having lost Hunter but we had a really good time. The girls went with the sibs to a Colorado Rockies baseball game and to a museum. They also had a swimming, pizza party and went swimming several other times. We met several new families and saw a lot of old families. On Saturday night they have a huge parade of all of the affected children and then they have a dance afterward. The families really look forward to that night. I am including video from that night. I know some of them are sideways. Sorry I don't know how to fix that. There is a video of a girl in a red dress dancing with Lance Johnson, Executive Director of BDSRA, her name is Bridget and she is the girl Kiersten danced with all night last year. (For those of you who know the story. The girl in the wheelchair with red hair is Becca. We are quite close with their family. If you look closely at another of the videos you can see her dad has her out of her chair and is dancing with her. On Sunday morning before everyone leaves to go home they have a memorial service for those kids who have passed away. It was such a sweet experience. If you look at the actual memorial Hunter's name is on the back side. I will include a picture of her actual pannel. Her name is toward the bottom of the pannel. I know it is hard to see.

0 comments: