The strike is officially over! I can now blog because a certain friend, whom shall remain nameless, got a cell phone that actually works! This spring has been busy and full of fun around our house.
AnnaLisa started drivers Ed which is so much more involved than it was when I took it. Lacey has been playing tennis and Kiersten has been running track. Between the three of them alone I feel like a taxi driver. Lacey did very well and learned alot about the sport and loves it. She says she is going to play every year. I hope she does. It is so good for her. Kiersten did very well with track as well.
Jacob hurt his knee snowboarding in Utah and has been back and forth to the orthapedic surgeon now for the past six weeks. He had surgery on it a week and a half ago. Today was the first day he hasn't used crutches all day. I think he is glad for that. His poor hands have developed caluses on the palms because of how long he has had to use them. His hip is injured as well and as soon as the knee is healed enough we will be dealing with that issue as well. It looks like surgery is inevitable but we will cross that bridge when we get there. For now all is good.
We have been extremely busy in the yard working on our garden and also Hunter's garden. They aren't complete yet but are getting very close. Thank heaven's my feet and hands are so dry from the soil. It is all worth it when you get to enjoy the beauty of the flowers and the abundant food that you have grown. I could bore you to death with all of the details of what we planted but I won't. We did however, put a bench in Hunter's garden in between the pine trees and it is really nice. It is shaded and a great place to sit and think. I find so much joy from gardening. I think it is one of the most relaxing activities someone can do besides a hot bath and a good book.
Tomorrow Lacey is marching in a parade here in town in the morning then we are off to the lake for a fun filled day as a family.(Since we live in the state with 10,000 lakes it's about time we went and saw one don't you think?)
Middle School Basketball
8 years ago



7 comments:
I Love the new family and individual photos- they're great! the layout too is awesome
Hi Trish! I check your blog often, so I'm glad you're back. With you guys so far away, I lose track of how your family is changing. The new pictues are wonderful! Love you all.
Auntie Ann
I was really excited when I saw your update! Your comments made me giggle, and your wonderful family picture brought tears to my eyes, and made my heart hurt just a little.
Girls- you are all so beautiful!
You better post pictures of the gardens once they are done!! I can't wait to see 'em.
I'm so glad you're going to enjoy the beach! Which one did you end up going to?
Yes... we need to see some pics of the garden! Glad Jake is on the mend. Your girls are BEAUTIFUL... I love and miss ya'll.
Hooray! I've missed you guys! The new pics and update just make me miss the girls so much. Matt and I are hoping to steal away up to see y'all when he gets his next break from work, if we can coordinate it with you all. Can we see a picture of your gardens? They sound magical. I'm so pleased to see how wonderful everyone seems to be doing. Oh, and I love the first song on your playlist. I was listening to it yesterday. Wonder who I copied it from... (Remember that, girls?) Miss you so much!
love,
dk
P.S.- I love the new picture at the top. Jake looks like the luckiest man on earth. What an awesome family!
Post a Comment