Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What can be said about such a great girl. You would've been nine years old yesterday. We wish you could have been with us on that very special day. We celebrated by painting our nails and toes purple, revisited our most precious memories of you and we also had cake and ice cream. It wasn't the traditional cake though. We relived the memory of your third birthday when you wouldn't leave your cake in the fridge before we sang to you. You must have dropped it on the floor at least a dozen times. It was definitely mangled by the time we ate it. Well your cake yesterday looked very similar to that one. We dropped it a lot and then Dad smashed his hand right into the middle of it. Then he whipped it on all of us so we got him back. Whitney and Sadee did a little program in memory of you. It was quite touching. It was so fun to remember you this way. Even though you are gone we all think of you often. We love you. XOXOXO
Share your memories with us about Hunter in the comments. We would love to hear them.

7 comments:

Katey said...

Sadee and Whitney, that was so sweet. Your the best sisters that a girl could ask for! Whitney is just a natural dancer! so much grace! Thanks for sharing that video! It was great. We love you guys and had our own little Hunter celebration! Happy birthday Hunter.

P.S. Your family pictures are so beautiful! Who did them? You all look great. So pretty!

sully said...

What a comfort to know that even as she was reaching for Jesus, she had a firm grasp on our hearts!!!
Trish, I'm glad that you keep the memories of Hunter a strong, happy, and cherished part of family life!!! You guys really bring home the promise that "Families are forever"!!!

Rebecca said...

I just found your blog... I think what you did for her birthday sounds so much fun. I cried of course watching the girls do their dance. I did not know Hunter very well but I knew that she must have been wonderful because she is part of your great family. I did have a childhood friend who was paralyzed and in a wheelchair. I used to read books to at her house down the street. Whenever, you talk about Hunter I remember Jenny and think what a blessing she was to know and how I could have been better to her!

Rebecca said...

Oh and your family pics are so pretty!

Nancy said...

Whooo... Did not expect to cry over the Idea of Jake smashing his hand in the middle of a Cake...

My favorite memory of Hunter is when you lived in Richfield and we watched the girls for a few days. Men was I tired, sleep deprived and probably grumpy a little.

I got to take care of her, cuddle her to sleep, She was SUCH a fighter, just to get her to sleep I had to pin her down!

Needless to say I wondered How you lived like that 24/7!!

When it was time to go home I realized how much I was going to miss her and taking care of her.

Happy Bday Hunt Hunt

What a sweet blessing your angel was in our lives.

Love xxx

Sarah C said...

You are a wonderful mom. I think it is great that you still make Hunter a very special part of your family. I am sorry she wasn't able to be there with you to celebrate her birthday, but I am sure she was smiling in heaven. The slideshow pictures and your story brought tears to my eyes. Thank Heaven for Eternal Families. Happy Birthday Hunter.

Lewis Family said...

Trish, such a beautiful way to celebrate Hunter's birthday. I love the dance... cute Whitney, and Sadie. :) I just love to remember how naughty Hunter was, always getting into things... and smashing up her scooby doo birthday cake!!! So awesome. Makes me smile to think about it.. and helps me remember to be patient when my little ones do the same things. One of many things she taught me.

Happy Birthday HUNNER! Dance with the angels sweety.